iO are looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer/Java Software engineer to join a team of talented developers within one of our esteemed clients in the Insurance sector.
Successful applicants will be expected to proactively share knowledge and ideas, rapidly obtain information to solve the problem, ask for help in a timely manner when needed, and always stay calm and composed under pressure.
* Develop a variety of systems using Java and JVM based technologies, translating design specifications into software components from the ground up
* Design, develop and deploy different components with a focus on high availability, low latency, and scalability in a distributed environment
* Work closely with agile team members to collaborate and influence new development
* Share technical expertise with the team as a senior developer and mentor
Skills, knowledge and experience
* Expert in Java and J2EE technologies
* Exhibits drive and initiative to learn whatever is necessary to explore new and existing solutions
* Skilled in diagnosing and solving complex problems and providing detailed technical analysis
* Proficient in EJB, REST, JMS, enterprise integration patterns, web services
* Must have experience in design and development of distributed, scalable, and highly available systems
* Previous background working in high traffic, highly transactional online environments
* Experience with relational databases and/or key-value stores
This really isn't one to be missed and I'm happy to have further a conversation before you make an application. Please apply with an up to date CV or call Rebecca Long at iO Associates for a confidential chat.