MECHANICAL, 3D CAD, DEFENCE, MARINE
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Rate Negotiable - 6m Contract - Bristol
I am currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer on behalf of our leading defence client who are based in Bristol.
The Senior Engineer will be part of a team responsible for the delivery of naval hydraulic/pneumatic design solutions, specifically within weapon launch systems for submarine application. As part of the WLS team, you will be ensuring that designs are compliant to requirements including setting to work on submarines and ensuring common design approach and maximum commonalities of systems/components within new product design.
* Advanced 3D CAD system user; NX4 or higher preferred
* Ideally degree qualified (BEng or BSc) in Mechanical Engineering
* Experience of hydraulic/pneumatic and Fluid power systems in a practical application would be beneficial but not mandatory.
* Holds Incorporated or Chartered Engineer Status
* Experience in the management of small engineering teams, third party suppliers and specialist consultants would be beneficial
* A defence or marine background would be desirable
* Suitable for SC clearance or has held SC clearance
If this role sounds like it might be something of interests, please apply with your latest CV for immediate consideration.