Senior Mechanical Engineer
Contract - 7 Month
The company is looking for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer responsible for the mechanical design of laser equipment throughout the complete product lifecycle, primarily in the product development phase. You will be working closely with optical and electronic engineers on forming new design concepts and taking ownership of mechanical designs throughout the lifecycle of the products.
Key responsibilities :
* Use SolidWorks for CAD design of bespoke laser solutions, new and modifications of existing designs,
* Relevant experience in thermal management, EMC and/or precision optical or electronic instruments or industrial product design,
* Understanding of sheet metal fabrication processes and CNC machining,
* Knowledge and understanding of drawing standards and geometric tolerances,
* Understanding of thermal issues and modern heatsink technologies. CFD and/or thermal simulation experience would be of benefit,
* Design, assembly and testing of cooling schemes for thermal management of laser systems (air and water cooling) and if possible utilizing thermal/flow simulation tools,
* Suggest and carry out design improvements on the basis of improved performance, reliability reduced cost or ease of manufacture.
If this role is of interest please forward across your CV for consideration or contact r.green @ ioassociates.co.uk