Panoramic Associates are currently working on behalf of a leading company who are looking for a permanent Senior Optical Systems Engineer to join their ranks. Our client is seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable candidate who would be keen to join a relatively new, developing and exciting area of a very established organisation.
The successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of optical modelling, analysis and test techniques. Experience of customer focused environments and possessing the confidence and technical ability to engage with external stakeholders to the highest standard is also crucial.
Applicants will have preferably been educated to PhD level but those with solid experience based on a degree or Masters will also be considered. Additionally, candidates must be flexible enough to travel nationally and internationally.
In sum the desired requirements of the successful applicant will include:
• A minimum of degree level education; preferably PhD level
• Approximately ten years’ experience within laser, electro-optical, opto-mechanical or optical system design
• Design experience for aerospace, medical or industrial applications
• Design experience within the biomedical fields is highly advantageous
• Refined optical analysis, test, modelling and design skills
• The ability to develop technically and financially grounded solutions to the requirements of external stakeholders
Sector(s): Optics, Photonics, Medical, Biomedical, Aerospace, Avionics, Industrial, Manufacturing, Optical
Commutable from: Plymouth, Exeter, Torquay, Dartmoor, Exmouth, and Torbay
Additionally, we would also love to hear from candidates who have a strong desire to work in this exciting and forward thinking sector but who perhaps do not have the entire skill set listed above. Positions for these individuals could potentially be created.