The ability to proactively guide a multi-organisation project team through a milestone-based product creation process to deliver safe and effective products is vital. Coaching and supporting lead engineers in the task breakdown and reflection into project plans with effort estimation is a core function of the role. To be considered for this role you must be able to start immediately.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
* Engineering degree qualification or equivalent combination of education and work experience in advanced electronic product design from concept to manufacturing.
* Proven ability to lead development and delivery of high volume microelectronic products through to mass production and apply value engineering practices post launch.
* A good knowledge and application of production and quality control methods in a high-tech engineering business is required as is an understanding of component supplier management.
* Significant experience of planning and executing in a stage gated process with a flexible "can do approach" and great stakeholder communication.
* Proven use of innovative ways to mitigate delivery risks associated with high profile projects and engage closely with stakeholders over technical dependencies.
* A combination of strong commercial and engineering acumen with relevant experience.
* 5+ years' experience in programme/project management/team leadership in technical product development with a focus on technically complex solutions.
If you would like to be considered for this role please submit your CV ASAP. The requirement is urgent so feedback will be swift.