IO Associates are currently in the process of helping a leading company in Manchester find a Senior Security Analyst. The successful candidate will lead and have accountability for the delivery of a range of technical projects, initiatives or work packages that comply with relevant legislation and will use their technical knowledge and expertise to develop, design and implement customer-focused solutions.
Role: IT Security Analyst
Salary: £30,000 - £37,000
·Lead an innovative, forward thinking technical consultancy function for the assigned service area, ensuring that solutions are delivered in line with customer and legislative requirements. Dependent on the service area, this may include software / information technology support, engineering, surveying, curating or other specialist functions.
·Lead on the delivery of work packages (using project management methodology where appropriate), ensuring compliance with organisational objectives, consistency in approach and compliance with appropriate internal and legislative guidelines.
·Actively strive to achieve efficiencies in project, programme and maintenance service delivery and improvements in the quality of service.
·Analyse and interpret legislation, presenting information and complex technical matters relating to the service area in a clear and concise manner to a range of stakeholders, orally and in writing. This will include identifying and addressing complex issues and making informed recommendations on action needed to support key corporate objectives.
·They ensure and test that the security layers are safe, and that ICT is compliant within Security Governance and Risk. These security platforms / applications consist of: Firewalls, DMZ, Remote / Mobile Users - IPSec VPN / SSL VPN, IDS & IPS, AntiVirus - Desktop Client & Server, Pen Testing, Certification Management etc.
* Experience of managing multi-disciplinary security team (firewall / filtering / DMZ / Pen Testing / Vulnerability Management) and potentially 3rd party teams.
* Security qualification - CISMP being the minimum (CISSP, CISM, CCP, CLAS, ISO 27001 Lead Auditor)
* Qualified to ITIL, with a strong practical understanding of how the core ITIL functions (CM / IM / PM / RM and Configuration Management) interface and interact.
* Ability to perform Investigations and Forensics, provide Security Representation on Projects, to perform Threat Management and Vulnerability Assessments.
* Experience of Prince2 (or equivalent project management methodology) and how projects should be transitioned into production and the rules and standards that govern this transition. Specifically so that IT Security can confirm that projects / 3rd parties are delivering / testing standard Security layers / process with the required support documentation to run the service.
* A broad range of IT Security and architecture knowledge with experience of network, server, application and end user computing.
* Recent experience of Security Service high quality report writing (OLAs) and other required reports
* Significant experience of IT Service Operations, and how an IT installation works across 7 *24 and a high level of knowledge of ICT Security environments, Risks and challenges
* Experience of security monitoring, alerting and service recovery in a pressurised environment.
For further details please get in contact immediately.