Service Delivery Manager
£45,000 - £50,000 per annum + Technical Training + development, contributory pension, 25 days holiday, Private Healthcare and much more!
Are you a great delivery manager looking for a real challenge?
Do you want to work in an organisation that REALLY values change and agile practices?
If you answered yes to both questions you will like the following.
One of our key clients is looking for a delivery manager to help them providing value to their clients.
Respected and recognised as one of the best consultancies on the market, working with our client means embarking on a journey to excellence within the Agile/Scrum field.
For our client, the DM acts as the point of contact for the delivery team with the outside organisation - e.g. the Scrum Master when using Scrum. You will have the opportunity to run relevant ceremonies, such as planning meetings and retrospectives, and will administer the tools required to generate meaningful forecasts, burndowns and estimates
You will also be entrusted to:
- Describe / propose / implement a high level test assurance approach for team / product / application being managed
- Get the team started, suggesting accepted tooling for source control, iteration management, build management, development, etc., and engaging the right team members to implement and own them
- Ability to remove delivery blockers from the team. Escalate risk and issues to the organisation. The Manager is expected to fly ahead of the team to look for potential obstacles
- Manage allocated resource and budget
Your experience of a technical delivery role, whether through infrastructure, operations, development or assurance will be instrumental. In a lean delivery team this enables them to both operate at a management level to translate jargon into information, and take on hands-on delivery tasks when needed to unblock bottlenecks.
The Delivery Manager is believed to make a significant contribution, actively driving towards no surprises in delivering change, not simply reporting on it.
As a member of their staff, you will be experienced in the following:
· A hands-on working knowledge of the key phases and ceremonies of an Agile project
· Good knowledge of Agile, including tools such as JIRA,TFS, VersionOne
On the soft side of things:
· An understanding of how to mitigate and reduce risk and remove obstacles and blockers
· Comfortable communicating with different audiences, being able to manage upwardly and downwardly to a broad range of stakeholders
Working with our client opens the opportunity to work at a range of management levels and with a diverse client base. On one engagement you may lead a small, co-located team, performing a hands-on scrum master role, on another you may be responsible for a large multi-team, multi-site, multi-year project. In one role you may work closely with a technical delivery team, contributing to certain delivery tasks, in another your focus may be facilitating communication and understanding between senior technical and business stakeholders.
If you could already see yourself working there, apply or send me an email and I will reach out to you right away. Rebecca Long ; 0117 33 28 100 ; r.long @ ioassociates.co.uk