Senior SQL DBA required by my client, a leading insurance syndicate in the prestigious Lloyd's of London market, to join them on a permanent full-time basis. Our client is a bold, new, agile insurer in the market committed to providing new dynamic and innovative solutions to underwriting insurance for the London market. They are looking for a like-minded individual with a proven track record working as a SQL DBA and who has some exposure or can demonstrate a real interest in newer automation or DevOps practices.
They are looking for an individual who is proactive and can help to look at the estate and help to provide solutions for improvement and automation where possible including the introduction of new automation and deployment tools, i.e. Octopus Deploy to help them achieve their goals. You will need to have experience with helping to triage issues with SSIS ETL feeds, troubleshoot issues with SSRS reporting and potentially even understand how to help solve problems with database objects such as SSAS cubes. We're not looking for a BI Developer but a well-rounded SQL DBA who knows how they can potentially improve performance through the use of scripting (i.e. PowerShell) and through the introduction of newer tools.
* Experience triaging / troubleshooting issues with ETL feeds, SSRS reporting and / or SSAS cubes
* Proven track record of working as a SQL DBA in a professional environment
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to write own scripts
Desirable but not essential experience
* MS certifications
* Experience working within Financial Services / Insurance / Retail
* Experience with PowerShell scripting
* Experience/knowledge of automation
If you are interested in being considered for this role or would like to learn more please do send your CV through and I will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail.