The successful candidates will be responsible for the support and development of IT infrastructure, systems and services to enable and enhance its administrative, teaching and research activities. The post holder will play an active role in the provisioning, installation, configuration, security, operation and general health management of virtual platforms, operating systems, authentication and directory services, storage and backup systems, infrastructure management tools and general IT infrastructure components.
They will provide technical support within IT projects, ensure system stability, security and availability and create technical and user documentation to support live services. In addition they will use their experience and knowledge to provide guidance and support for other members of the ITS team.
Salary: £30000 - £45,000 + Great Benefits (depending on role)
* System administration - Maintain the health and security of the IT infrastructure. Using automated and manual processes to ensure IT infrastructure is configured and patched meeting best practice and company Policy. Produce regular reports showing compliance, highlighting systems that are non-compliant and developing plans to achieve compliance.
* Monitoring and management - Maintain and develop monitoring and management tools ensuring they are kept up to date developing and documenting manual and scripted automated responses to alerts.
* Incident and Change - Manage a case load of incident and change requests ensuring SLA's are met and a high level of customer service is maintained. Liaising with the IT Change manger ensure changes are timed appropriately and documented accordingly.
* Provisioning new and upgrading current systems - Working with infrastructure architects ensure new systems and services are fit for purpose, deployed promptly and accurately documented ensuring Operational acceptance is reached. Working with application specialists deploy and document patches or revised versions of software, ensuring monitoring and management systems maintain pace with change.
* Documentation and knowledge transfer - Develop and maintain knowledge base articles for new and existing systems and services. Ensuring they are robust and accurately and appropriately communicated. Mentoring other members of the team and IT Services, ensuring they have the knowledge via documentation and knowledge transfer sessions to confidently react to incidents and carry out change
* Experience of investigating, diagnosing and resolving incidents on behalf of a varied user base, relating to hardware and software faults, human error and service failures
* Proven skills in the installation, configuration, management and support of a range of Operating Systems and virtualisation technologies.
* Experience of working independently and without close supervision, including self-motivating interest in exploring and researching current and trends in IT.
* Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Windows Server Experience
For further details please get in contact ASAP.