IO Associates are helping a leading organisation recruit a Systems Engineer. The successful candidate will be the specialist technology consultant and ensure that existing and new IT services and systems are of a high quality, highly functional and sustainable.
Role: Systems Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000 + Outstanding Benefits
* Liaise closely with internal IT technical teams and external suppliers during the design, development and implementation stages of IT projects.
* Provide technical consultancy and third line support for IT services and systems.
* Implement and configure new and existing IT technologies.
* Ensure that all relevant testing, documentation and transition of knowledge and skills to appropriate teams have been completed and agreed with the IT Service Management team to enable smooth transfer into a fully supported operational state.
* Work with senior members of the team to provide input to an IT systems vision and strategy.
* Partner with Procurement department to complete tender exercises
* Strong technical capability in multi-vendor IT infrastructure technologies. For Example: Microsoft Server, virtualisation hypervisor technology, enterprise storage & backup, Active Directory/authentication technologies & Office 365.
* A good working knowledge of cloud based IT services (IaaS, SaaS and PaaS).
* Experience of infrastructure security technologies such as antivirus and server hardening.
* A good working knowledge of Powershell scripting.
* General networking knowledge including TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS.
If you are interested please get in contact for further details and a discrete conversation ASAP.