IO Associates are helping an organisation in Bristol recruit a technical solutions architect. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing a technical architecture strategy and roadmap. Technologies may include date centre, infrastructure, cloud, and mobile.
The architect is expected to be hands-on with technology and take an active role in the delivery of projects. Full understanding of technologies in the areas of enterprise storage, servers, networks, SDWan and security is key to this role.
Role: Technical Solutions Architect
Salary: DOE + Benefits
Location: Bristol - Outskirts
Lead the technical architecture with a clear strategy and roadmap, to innovate and use technology to support business goals.
* Work with Global peers to analyse companies context (business strategy and trends), as well as change requirements in other enterprise architecture viewpoints (such as business, information and solution) to derive the technology architecture future state and roadmap
* Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to support business requirements
* Define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, typically in sync with the IT budgeting or other capital planning processes. Lead the analysis of the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
Lead and drive the implementation of major technology projects, and the technology components of global technology solutions.
* Be part of the technical design phase on strategic technology projects, offering technical guidance and working with the business solutions team to support solution selection and implementation
* Drive change within IS processes, looking to work with the Technical Solutions Manager and the Service Desk Manager to streamline processes and effect change.
* 5-10 or more years of professional IT experience in large scale, distributed environment with hands on experience in multiple technologies and multiple roles
* Broad experience with and exposure to enterprise applications and multi-platform environments. Good knowledge of Office 365 platform and ools including SharePoint Online. Experience in the design, development, implementation and operational support of mission critical solutions in large scale environments and organisations
* Working knowledge of ITIL, Prince 2, ISO27001a
* Application Delivery Systems (including Citrix XenApp, RDS)
* Server Virtualisations Platforms (including VMware vSphere, HyperV)
* LAN hardware (including Cisco and Sonicwall)
* Storage Networking (including EMC)
* Windows Server Platforms 2008 / 2012 &Core Windows server technologies
* Cloud Platforms and SAAS
* Email/Collaboration (Including Exchange)
For more info please get in touch ASAP!