Role: Technical Architect
Salary: £33,000 - £38,000
iO is recruiting for a Huge firm in education looking for someone to join their team as a technical architect, your role will be to ensure that the technical design of the IT infrastructure for new developments is effective, sustainable and robust. it will involve input into the technical design policies and principles understanding the business and academic requirements and working with external and internal technical specialists to translate the requirements into appropriate designs for the IT solutions.
* You will be taking the lead technical role on projects, providing high quality, efficient technical designs based on industry best-practice and taking into consideration of relevant constraints.
* creation of system architecture diagrams, detailed technical designs including relevant costs and coordination technical specialists within the project
* Provide advice to Business and IT colleagues working on the early stages of project development
* You will need to have a strong understanding of the total IT Infrastructure, making proposals for change based on an understanding of future developments in the pipeline
* Experience in planning and progressing work activities within general guidelines, using initiative and judgement without reference to others.
* Experience in developing and designing large scale technical architectures
* Strong working knowledge of storage (NAS & SAN) and networking technologies (Including DNS, load balancers and firewall)
* Have experience or an awareness of cloud-based hosting services (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS) such as AWS or Azure
If the role is of interest then please apply today or get in touch with Jake Harris at iO Associates.