Under the leadership of the IT/Development Director and the dailysupervision of the IT/Development Supervisor, the Technical Author isresponsible for creating and maintaining high quality technical documentation andmedia for the software development projects. This individual is required to operateand communicate effectively with all involved in the development, production andrelease of these systems. The Technical Author is responsible for ensuringdocumentation and media are correct and presentable to a very high standard.
The individual should have 2 years or more experience as a professional technical author.The individual should be qualified to a higher education level in subjectsrelevant to the role. Experience producing technical materials for Customers, Managersand Directors preferable.
Basic Skills Required
* Ability to communicate effectively with development, production and management staff.
* Ability to create and maintain high quality, presentable, accurate documentation and media.
* Ability to work well within a team to tight deadlines.
* Ability to manage your own time.
* An understanding of the software development lifecycle.
* Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Photoshop and other tools for all documentation and media creation.
Accountability & Activities
* Create and maintain accurate software related documentation and media for the complex business systems.
* Manage the production and supply of documentation and media to tight deadlines.
* Communicate with development and test teams, business managers and staff to understand requirements and provide high standard of output.
* Collecting information and verifying understanding, ensuring at all times that produced documentation and media is correct.
* Clearly articulate meaning within documentation and media with a good clear sense of narrative.
* Create meaningful images and media that contributes to the understanding of complex systems using simple techniques.
* Monitor and sustain inventory of documentation and media produces and publish availability to others in line with the development life cycle.
* Provide documentation and media to support education for all the customer account teams during the use of the software systems.
* Maintain company health and safety policy at all times.
* Which tools to use for documentation and media creation
* Documentation and media creation and execution
* Keeping all creations up to date with software changes
* When documentation and media releases can be completed in line with the development life cycle Recommendations
* Documentation management tools and techniques
* Estimate documentation production time
If you are interested then please contact Rebecca Long on: 0117 332 8100 or email your CV to: rebeccalong-
I look forward to hearing from you soon