Video Research Engineer
We are working with a London based IP and Software company who are creating disruptive technology in the video compression industry by developing innovative technologies based on revolutionary use of AI for data, imaging and point cloud compression.
They have developed the only cross media codec format that delivers on the promises of next generation image and video compression. However, this is only the beginning of their mission as they are now looking to invest in people and their facilities to work towards innovating their technology.
As a video research engineer, you will have a passion for technology as well as creatively investigating new ideas whilst improving existing technology. You will need to have an inquisitive mindset and be able to work as part of a dynamic team.
* at least 1-3 years of experience in researching and developing algorithms in video processing and compression, gained through university research and/or industry roles;
* proven ability to work in teams and/or in agile cross-functional environments;
* proven record in delivering complex projects and tasks on time;
* a good degree in either Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline;
* understanding of existing coding standards such as AVC, HEVC, VP9, AV1 or equivalent; and
* proficiency in C++ and preferable also in other programming languages.
Preferably you will also have:
* experience of pair programming with other programmers and/or QA resources;
* exposure to some testing frameworks (e.g., Google Test Framework, CPPUnit) and understanding of CI/CD pipelines and their practical applications in a development environment.
Please apply with an up to date CV for immediate consideration. Alternatively, please contact Jordan Pyatt at iO Associates for more detail. I'm available on LinkedIn- https://www.linkedin.com/in/jordan-pyatt-36670214b/