(Permanent: Full Time)
My Digital TV client based in the Southwest are currently looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join there thriving team on a permanent basis!
They develop predominantly in C++ for Linux with an emphasis on high quality software design and architecture using Agile/XP practices. They require a minimum of 5 year's experience as a Senior Engineer who can demonstrate a high level of experience in C++
* High competence in C++, C++ 11 and C (C++ being more desirable)
* High competence in Software Architecture.
* High competence in Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming.
* Strong understanding of design patterns, refactoring, testing and code quality.
* Experience of multithreaded and multi-process systems.
* Digital TV (DVB-T/S/C/T2/S2) knowledge.
* Digital visual entertainment technologies (HbbTV, VoD, DRM, OIPF)
* TCP/IP based systems (IP streaming, DLNA, MPEG-DASH, HLS etc.)
* Ability to work with and understand technical specifications (e.g. ETSI, ISO and DVB)
* Knowledge and experience of Agile software development (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, XP)
* Experience with Linux, build systems and scripting (Make, bash, Python, Perl etc.)
* Experience with Android platform development.
* Strong technical degree (or equivalent) in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics or a relevant software discipline.
For more details on this opportunity please send in you CV for consideration.